» Holding College Chiefs to Their Words
Wed May 06, 2009 9:56 pm by Orchidee

» Need help with college essay ?!!
Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:07 am by Guest

» Do you believe in Destiny ?
Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:28 am by nhatquang2403

» Power of Language - Nicolette Ash
Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:21 pm by tuongvan92

» A dozen principles of good writing - EXCLUSIVELY !
Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:54 pm by Orchidee

» [Proposal] Proofreading box
Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:37 pm by Orchidee

» Hiking to Understanding. Accepted by Princeton
Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:43 pm by Orchidee

Beginner's book club is here!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Beginner's book club is here!

Post by jackactforever4 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:51 am

If you have read my earlier posts, you should know what we are doing here. My time's short so I get straight to the point.

WARNING! ONCE YOU READ FURTHER YOU CANNOT QUIT. IF YOU WANNA QUIT, TURN BACK NOW!

OK, seems like you're never back down. That's great attitude! Smile
Here is the plan for beginner readers:
- If you don't know where to start off, I will assign you to read Robinson Crusoe. If you know what to read, that's cool; you can also share with us!
- Each week, you will have to read at least 2 chapter. After that, you will write a summary for each chapter in your own words!
- I will also help you improve critical thinking by putting up some debates/assignment for you to write about

And I hope that after our plan work out, when we finish the book, we can proudly say we have accomplished these goals:
+ learning basis of comprehensive reading [reading + understanding + presenting ideas + debating]
+ using Mind dictionary [guessing] to check up for vocabulary
+ organize and remember important facts of the book
+ find the intellectual values and entertaining good-time in reading!

TIME TO START RIGHT NOW, AT THE END OF THE WEEK, I WILL POST MY DEBATE AND REVIEW FOR THE FIRST 2 CHAPTER!

SPECIAL NOTE: all participants to this book club are advised to add my YM: jackact_forever4 so I can have a more personal look on your accomplishments. Well, you can ask me any questions including further understanding of the book, skills, personal stuff, mental issues, men physical problem [Hey, I'm a guy], relationships, hardship. Anything!
Some have been asking why I offer so much help, Smile , well, the answer is easy: I'd love to help. Helping you is also helping me to develop a more sufficient techniques in reading! So if there's something on your mind, just add my YM and ask away. All just cost to nothing! [I also need friends too Wink ]

Debate 1: Some decisions are made to follow dreams and some are just random immature thoughts of youth. How can we tell the different? [Note: do prefer to the break-out-of-family-shadow of Robinson, use example of personal experience to support your speech]

jackactforever4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top